Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can a woman wear black beaded chain (mangal sutra)? Please help!!!  (Read 44913 times) Average Rating: 0
mushfique

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 12:30:08 PM »

Waiting for Imran Rahat saheb. And arsh saheb Jazak Allah for your efforts.
Mushfique

Agar Gaiti Sarasar Bad Girad, Chiragh-e-Chishtiyan Hargiz Namirad.
Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 12:30:08 PM »

monu.mohsin
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 02:20:35 PM »

But brother...the laccha resembles like Mangal Sutra but its not exactly a Mangal sutra!!!

So wat say???
Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 02:20:35 PM »

Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »

Walikum Assalaam Wa Rehamtullahe Wa Barkathu. brother,
I was very pleased to read your counter questions and this is wat makes this forum stand apart. Now first things first lets answer your questions.
Before i start please understand that I am NO SCHOLAR of Islam Nor a Mufti Nor an Aalim of Masle Masaail.
I try to answer things with whatever little logic and understanding i have and in at times in consultation with my Peer sahab.
So my answer may always not be 100%

First thing: Is it Haraam, Halaal or Jayaz to wear a mangalsutra in ISLAM.

1. Definately it is not Jayaz. We have to look at our Beloved Prophets and Ahle Bayt for examples. Anything can be termed as Jayaz or Halal if it was done by our Prophet  sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam his wives and daughters and there is no sign of them wearing Mangalsutra in ISLAM. so it cannot be termed as Halaal or Jayaz. But whether it is HARAAM or not that you will have to consult an AALIM.

Second thing: Wearing a Mangalsutra is not HINDUS act but it is a culture found in INDIA. This is so because no scriptures of HINDUS talks about mangalsutra as the part of their religion. Correct me if I am wrong.

Brother i Guess your knowledge on Mangalsutra is very limited lets study it in DETAIL.

MAGALSUTRA is Definately NOT an INDIAN CULTURE but an HINDU CULTURE...if it was an Indian culture why other sects and other religions dont wear it..
You are assuming  its Indian because there are 80% Hindus living in INDIA and whatever they do becomes MAJORITY and is deemend universal but it may not be so..

1. What is Mangalsutra. ?

As per Hindu Dharma, mangalsutra is an ornament of a woman denoting her married status. Each person makes a mangalsutra for the bride as per his capacity. If it is not possible to make a mangalsutra with a cord of gold or silver, they make it by stringing black beads in a thread.

1.1 Importance of Mangalsutra according to Hindu Scriptures...
(Taken from a Hindu site - wont give a link here as i dont want to increase their sites audience)

* Due to the mangalsutra the woman remains conscious of Dharma, duty and rules. Wearing mangalsutra is an important conduct for a married woman. This is called code of Righteousness for women. Due to this the woman does not indulge in wanton behaviour and her conduct remains ideal.

* Due to the mangalsutra the woman and others are conscious of her married status. Mangalsutra is a marital bondage. Its main objective is that the woman should remember this sacred bondage and there should not be any immoral behaviour on her part. That others should also be conscious that the woman wearing a mangalsutra is a married woman and she should be respected properly is also an objective of the mangalsutra.

* Due to the mangalsutra the consciousness of the husband in the form of Shiva remains constantly awakened in the woman.

* Mangalsutra is symbolic of Shiva and Shakti. In this, gold is in the form of Shakti and the structure of stringed black beads is in the form of Shiva.

* Mangalsutra is an ornament that attracts Divine Principle in highest proportion. In the mangalsutra both the cups are empty from one side and are raised from the other. The mangalsutra is worn facing the empty side to her body. The Divine Principle is attracted in the voids of the cups in higher proportion than any other ornaments.

* Through the mangalsutra the woman gains Energy of Desire, Action and Knowledge. The mangalsutra is a link that provides Shakti in the form of the Absolute Fire Element (Tej) to the woman to actually perform a task.

Sattvik Mangalsutra :  In the left part of the mangalsutra there is flow of Energy of Desire, in the central part of Energy of Action and in the right part of Energy of Knowledge.From the mangalsutra the Desire, Action and Knowledge Energies are also emitted.

With the help of the Desire, Action and Knowledge energies, it becomes easy for a woman to proceed towards Nirgun Principle.

*  Due to the mangalsutra and kantha-mani the Vishuddha-chakra remains constantly awakened. One of the types of mangalsutra is Kanthamani mangalsutra. The gold bead stringed in its centre is called Kanthamani. It is near the Vishuddha-chakra. It is also called Muhurtamani.

The waves of the Absolute Fire Principle (Tej-tattva) of the Universe are attracted to the kantha-mani worn by the woman around the neck.

Due to these waves, the Vishuddha-chakra constantly remains awakened.

Nowadays it is customary to remove the Muhurtamani worn around the bride’s neck 16 days after the marriage. Kanthamani is considered a form of Shiva and hence it is symbolic of the sense of detachment of the woman. When the energy of Anahat-chakra flows towards Vishuddha-chakra, it merges in the awakened Vishuddha-chakra by touching the Kanthamani.

1.8 Why do we say that mangalsutra has lost its sanctity, if it breaks?
Many a times, a mangalsutra can break without any apparent reason. Breaking of a mangalsutra is a bad omen. On breaking the beads get charged with black energy, that is, due to the black energy their weight increases. Sattvikta of the beads is lost. From this sense, the action or act of breaking of a mangalsutra amounts to it losing its sanctity.

Effect of breaking of a mangalsutra without any reason: Breaking of a mangalsutra is a symptom of severe distress arising out of black magic performed on a woman. As a result, there is a possibility that the woman will have fatal thoughts of self-harm, suicide, death in an accident, killing someone etc. In this process, the mantriks kill the husband with black magic and transmit black energy on the wife too. The mantriks make a replica doll of the woman and transmit black energy on it through some ritual. Then distressing vibrations are also transmitted into the objects associated with the woman, which are attracted by the black beads of the mangalsutra. As a result, the mangalsutra breaks. Only God or Guru's grace can protect from all such distress.

Spiritual experience: Breaking of the new small mangalsutra within fifteen days and the bigger mangalsutra too eight days later: On the night of 12th November 2008, her small mangalsutra suddenly broke and the beads scattered. This mangalsutra with a small muhurtamani was earlier strung in a thread and just fifteen days earlier, she had got it strung in gold. She wondered if this had happened due to the distress caused by negative energies ! Thereafter, on 19th November 2008, the bigger mangalsutra around her neck also broke. This example validates the precept that ‘The mangalsutra can break due to distress caused by negative energies’. - A seeker.

1.9 Why Scriptures do not allow widows to wear a mangalsutra?

There are two chief reasons for this.
 *  Waves / Vibrations associated with the husband’s desire are present in the mangalsutra, due to which the subtle body of the deceased husband can get trapped: Waves associated with the husband’s desire are present in the mangalsutra. After the death of the husband, some women continue to wear mangalsutra as fashion. Thus, with the help of the vibrations associated with the husband’s desires, his subtle body can get trapped.
 *  Onward journey of the subtle body of the husband is obstructed: Looking at the mangalsutra reminds the woman of her husband and his subtle body has to return to the Earth region. Hence, the onward journey of the subtle body of the husband is obstructed.

'So what if my husband is no more?', with this thought intellectual women nowadays continue to wear the mangalsutra even after they are widowed. This act harms the woman as well as her deceased husband at the spiritual level. Hence, one should determinedly abide by religious Conduct. Mangalsutra is a marital bond. Its objective is to remind the woman of this bond and restrain her from behaving as per her own wishes.

Every Conduct for men and women has been propounded with a specific objective. If wearing a mangalsutra is Dharma for women, wearing a Janeu (sacred thread) is Dharma for men. On this, some people may question why is there no custom for men to wear a mangalsutra?

Since in Karmakanda, man is recognized as a father-figure, the possibility of adultery by him is less. The nature of men is basically strong, determined and conducive for leadership. Hence, in the performance of Karmakanda, the man is recognised as a father-figure. Due to the authority as a father, the possibility adultery is less. In society men are more adulterous than women. If this be so, why is it said that the possibility of adultery by man is less ?

I can write pages more on Importance on Mangalsutra in Hindu culture but we are not here to learn its importance hence i guess this much proof is enuf to understand that its NOT a part of our ISLAMIC Culture or Tradition.

Its is Definately an integral part of Hindu Culture very much mentioned in their scriptures. I dont have knowledge of their scriptures i guess Dr Zakir Naik would have given some quotes here but for me i will have to find out more and read their scriptures but again  i guess this much proof is enuf to understand that its NOT a part of our ISLAMIC Culture or Tradition.

In order to have a Comfortable Journey of Life, Reduce the Luggage of Desires...
Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 02:32:34 PM »

Third thing: People in India who are muslims leaving in village still wear PAGDI and DHOTI. Does that mean even these dresses are of HINDUS?

Brother Pagdi is NOT a SPECIFIC symbol of HINDUS there are many religions and cultures which have Pagdi. Even we wear Safa which is also a type of Pagdi.
we should take care in NOT Imitating the non-muslims. Dhoti i will answer with Ehram.

Fourth thing: Muslims wear Ehraam during the HAJJ. It’s the same as the JAIN People belonging to hindu sect wear the same thing while going to mandir. Does that mean we must stop wearing Ehraam.
Brother there is a WORLD OF Difference between a DHOTI and an EHRAAM. How on earth can you compare the TWO.
EHRAAM is a two piece cloth worn at the time of HAJJ and UMRAH.
The lower part of EHRAM is tied to the body with the Help of a BELT there are no KNOTS in EHRAAM.
THERE ARE MANY Rules of wearing an EHRAM and many guidelines.like one should not tell a lies, one should not harm anyone, one should not cover his head. one should not do HUNTING and many more..

Moreover there is a NIYAT for wearing and EHRAM.

Ehraam is considered as a KAFAN a final piece of clothing for Muslims.

There are DAYS of wearning EHRAM a Specific Time of Wearing EHRAAM. and the BEST part it.

IT was WORN By our BELOVED Prophet MUHAMMAH  sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam and the Sahabas Hazrat Umar, Abubakr, Usman and Hazrat ALI may Peace and Blessings be on all of them and all the WALIS of ALLAH.. How can you compare the Two..

Fifth thing: When Allah is our Protector then why do we wear TAAWEEZ? Where does our belief goes when we don’t ask someone to wear a Mangalsutra?
Sixth Thing: Taweez are also worn by Hindus and Muslims. So do you mean to say even wearing Taweez is wrong?

Fifth and sixth i will answer together as they are almost same answer.

Brother Taveez is No ordinary thread its not a collection of beads or threads or stones..It contains QURANIC AAYAT.
Allah beshak is the Protector..And ALLAH himself has asked you to read Ayatal Kursi in difficult times..

Proof of Taweez can be found in QURAN and HADEES but of Mangalsutra is not found anywhere..

Taweez ( AMULETS)
The defenition of a ta'wiz is simply a written du'a from the Qur'an or ahadith, and is for the one who cannot read or has not memorized that particular du'a. It is written on a piece of paper and is worn around the neck.

We, the Ahl as-Sunna, believe that to wear a ta'wiz around the neck is permissible if the du'a' contained in it is written from the Qur'an or ahadith. Prophet Muhammad (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) used to recite du'a' and then blow onto the sick person. The Companions of the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) also did this and they wrote the du'a' on a piece of paper and placed it around the neck of a person if they could not read it. Of course, the du'a's from the Qur'an and ahadith have the power to heal the sick. Some people say that if you wear the ta'wiz you are commiting shirk, but we shall prove, with the help of Allah, that it is permissible to wear a ta'wiz.

The Qur'an Has the Power of Healing
Allah Most High says in the Qur'an:"...We send down in Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy to the believers..."[Sura Banu Isra'il, verse 82]
Qadi Shawkani writes, "If the Quran's dua's are recited and blown on the sick, they will be cured. When the non-believers recite the Quran, their blasphemic disease will be cured" [Tafsir Fath al-Qadir, under Sura Bani Isra'il, verse 82]

Proof of Wearing the ta'wiz
Hafiz Ibn Kathir and Qadi Shawkani write:"Amr ibn Shu'aib (may Allah be pleased with him) said that 'Rasulu'llah(may Allah bless him and grant him peace) taught my father and grandfather a du'a which we would read before going to sleep, to protect us from fear and anguish.We told our elder children to recite this du'a before going to sleep as well.But for those children who were not yet literate, we would write it and then put it around their necks"[Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal vol.2; Abu Dawud, in 'Chapter of Medicine'; Tafsir Ibn Kathir, under Sura al-Mu'minun, verse 97; and Qadi Shawkani, Fath al-Qadir, under the same verse]

In the Fatawa al-Hindiyya, one of the primary references in the Hanafi school, it says:"There is nothing wrong with hanging ta`wizes, but one should take them off before going to the toilet and before intercourse." [5.356]

In the Mawsu`a Fiqhiyya(Awqaf, Kuwait), it states that, the linguistic meaning of ta`wiz is derived from seeking protection or refuge. The type that is prohibited is the like the one's used in pre-Islamic times, is a major sin and can even lead to disbelief. The type that is permitted according to the vast majority (jumhur) of the scholars is that which is made from the Words of Allah (Qur'an) or His Names, with the condition that the person not think that it has any effect by itself; rather, it protects or heals by the Will and

Give me One Hadees or even a Fatwaa given by any AALIM that wearing Mangalusutra is JAYAZ and HALAAL. whereas Great SUFIS and SCHOLARS themselves have written TAWEEZ. GAUS PAAK, Khwaja GARIB NAWAZ, ALAA HAZRAT. all have written Taweez even today the Sufis and AALIMS give Taweez but i am sure no one gives Mangalsutra.

Seventh thing: If there is nothing in shariyah i.e. hadees sharif or quran about this masla does that means wearing the mangalsutra becomes HARAAM?
Again i will tell that I am no one to say its HARAAM. But definately its NOT HALAAL and Jayaz because its proven to be a HINDU culture and not an Indian culture. and we are told in QURAN and Hadees not to IMITATE the NON MUSLIMs

If you ask my personal Opition. In my view wearing Mangalsutra as a medium to protect your husband comes very close to SHIRK as you are now putting your trust in stones rahter than on QURAN and HADEES. If its worn as a piece of Jewelery then i guess theirs no HARM. but one should make sure that it should not look like a Mangalsutra

Rest ALLAH (Subhana wa taaala). and RasoolAllah  sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam knows best.

In order to have a Comfortable Journey of Life, Reduce the Luggage of Desires...
Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 02:37:46 PM »

The answer was delayed as today i have a  day off so just took a long sleep.
All comments are solicited.

also check this hadees

http://kgn786.com/forum/index.php/topic,19477.0.html

mamqasmi
Gem Of Forum
Legendary Member

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 03:17:21 PM »

Important questions from Mushfique bhai - ummeed hay k yeh questions aap nay apnay gird doosray log jo in baton ko utha tay hain unkay liye poochay hongay takay is forum ki badolat aapko answers mil sakain

But an X C lent replies from Imran bhai - Jazak Allah u khair wa ahsan ul jaza for clearing everything

Brother Ihram k mutaliq main aik cheez clear kardon k is libaas ko kabhe bhe kisi doosray libaas say nahen compare karain kyun k yeh woh libas hay jo Allah Kareem ko behad pasand hay - beshak is libaas ko Hajj o Umrah k liye pehna jaata hay magar iski haqiqat Insaan k kafan k barabar hay - Hajj o Umrah main Ihram ko pehen kar aap usi qabr ki tayyari main masroof e amal hotay hain jahan yeh Ihram aapnay Kafan main tabdeel hojata hay

Talib e Dua, Sag e Dargah e Aalia MASHORI SHARIF - Faqir Mohammed Atif Minhaj Qasmi Qadri
Shifa Chishty

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 07:12:56 PM »

Mujhe bahot acha lga yeh pura thread padkar..kyonki India me bahot se states aise hain jahan mangalsutra ko bahot importance di jaati hai..

Shayad kisi shaks ko yeh thread padkar hidaayat miljaye

Par muje bada Afsos hua ki KOI MUSALMAAN Ehraaam jaise paak aur Behad hi Ehtraaam waali cheez ko kisi aur mazhab k kapdon se compare kare.

Agar ek Gair Muslim aisa karta to mein samaj sakti thi magar ek muslim aise sochega yeh jaankar thoda dukh hua..

Magar is forum par bahot hi unda jwab diya gya hai...isse saare confusion dur hojayenge Insha Allah
mushfique

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »

Uss salaam wa alaikum Imran bhai aur mere bhai behen is forum pe,

Aapke kahe hue statements pe kuch comments de raha hun. Maafi pehle se mang leta hun agar aapko taklif hogi to maaf kijiyegaa. Waise kaafi lamba hai ye post uske liye bhi maafi chahta hun.

1. Definately it is not Jayaz. We have to look at our Beloved Prophets and Ahle Bayt for examples. Anything can be termed as Jayaz or Halal if it was done by our Prophet  sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam his wives and daughters and there is no sign of them wearing Mangalsutra in ISLAM. so it cannot be termed as Halaal or Jayaz. But whether it is HARAAM or not that you will have to consult an AALIM.

First you say it is not Jayaz. Does this not mean it is Naa Jayaz? If I say ye kaam karna jayaz nahi hai to kya dusra aadmi ye nahi soche gaa ke ye naa jayaz hai?
Aapko shayad ye bhi pata nahi ke Halaal/Jayaz kise kehte hai:
HALAAL/MUBAH- ‘‘That which is permissible in shariah and a person won't be punished on leaving it out.’’ (Mujam al mustalaha'atwal alfaazil fiqhiyyah 1/585, At ta'reefaat 66, Al Mufradaat 182)

Some Ulama make a distinction between halaal and mubah. ''Halaal is that for which no clear prohibition has been mentioned, whereas mubah is where a choice has been given.''(Mujam al mustalahaat 585)

Anything that Prophet sualal la hu alaihewasallam did was not only Jayaz but was Alhumdolillahe Blessed. But whatever he sualal la hu alaihewasallam did not do cannot be termed as HARAAM or in your way NAA JAYAZ.

Daleel humesha Haraam ke karne ke liye hoti hai naa ke HALAAL ke liye. HARAAM sirf aur sirf ALLAH aur Unke Nabi Kareem sualal la hu alaihewasallam hi keh sakte hai aur jispe Allah aur unke Nabi Kareem sualal la hu alaihewasallam ne kuch nahi kaha who Jayaz mein shumaar hogaa, naa ke NAA JAYAAZ.

Huzoor sualal la hu alaihewasallam ke examples ko kya kehte hai ye bhi dekhiye:

SUNNAH-''It refers to the statements, actions and approval of Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam).''(Tasheel usoolus shashi 145)
''It also refers to the actions and statements of Sahabah.''(Nurul anwaar 171, 179)
''A person will be encouraged to carry it out without it being imposed on him.''(ibid 170) ''A person who leaves out a sunnatul huda (those practices which Nabi (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) carried out with the intention of worship, and not just as a human practice) will be sinning and therefore he will be entitled to rebuke'' (ibid 171)

Ab aapne kiya ye hai ke HALAAL CHEEZ KO SUNNAT NA HONE KI WAJAH SE NAA JAYAZ KEH DIYA. Ye bohot galat hai bhai.

Brother i Guess your knowledge on Mangalsutra is very limited

Yes brother indeed it is less. However, whatever you have taken from a hindu website does not quote even one sentence from their holy books with reference. Mangalsutra is not the part of HINDU RELIGION because hindus say so!!! but it needs to be from their own religious books THEN WHOEVER WANTS CAN TERM IT OR LABEL IT AS THAT OF HINDU RELIGION!!!

One more thing even if we take for granted that it belongs to the hindu sect then also if a muslim wears it will it become haraam without knowing the intention of the muslim user? No muslim on the face of the earth can commit shirk!!! This is the status given to this ummah by our beloved Nabi kareem sualal la hu alaihewasallam.

Ab aapka ye sawaal:
MAGALSUTRA is Definitely NOT an INDIAN CULTURE but an HINDU CULTURE...if it was an Indian culture why other sects and other religions don’t wear it..You are assuming  its Indian because there are 80% Hindus living in INDIA and whatever they do becomes MAJORITY and is deemend universal but it may not be so..

Other religions kon konse hai aapko batana padhegaa:
Mangal sutra is called मंगळसूत्र (mangalsutra) in Marathi, தாலி (thaali) in Tamil, ತಾಳಿ (thaali) or ಮಾಂಗಲ್ಯ (mangalyasutra) in Kannada and thaali (తాళి), maangalyam (మాంగళ్యము), mangalsutram (మంగళసూత్రము) or pustelu (పుస్తెలు) in Telugu. Konkanis wear three necklaces around their neck referred to as Mani or Muhurtmani (big golden bead),Mangalasutra with one or two gold discs and Kasithaali with gold and coral beads. In Malayalam it is simply referred to as Thaali in general and Minnu by Syrian Christians.

Iske alawa Muslim log bhi ise pehnte hai. Ye main nahi ye aapka aur humara website hi kehta hai check this link:
http://www.aulia-e-hind.com/dargah/Kerala.htm

Ismein scroll kijiye Cultural negotiations
Mujhe pata nahi ke ye kisne update kiya hai aapke wesite pe lekin topic hai cultural negotiations iske maine kya hote hai aap bhi zara samjhayiyegaa. Agar Naa Jayaz hai aisa to Negotiations kyun? Ab Laayiye naa fatwa us article ke likhne wale pe bhi aur udhar ke musalmano pe bhi?

Its is Definitely an integral part of Hindu Culture very much mentioned in their scriptures. I dont have knowledge of their scriptures i guess Dr Zakir Naik would have given some quotes here but for me i will have to find out more and read their scriptures but again  i guess this much proof is enuf to understand that its NOT a part of our ISLAMIC Culture or Tradition.

Why Islamic culture and Tradition now why not Quran and hadees? See now the point has turned from Quran and hadees to Culture and tradition of Islam? And why to take Zakir naiks help here? Indeed it’s better to take help of any of the member of this forum rather than his.

Brother Pagdi is NOT a SPECIFIC symbol of HINDUS there are many religions and cultures which have Pagdi. Even we wear Safa which is also a type of Pagdi. we should take care in NOT Imitating the non-muslims. Dhoti i will answer with Ehram.

Janaab aap bhul rahe hai ki Pagadi sikh bhi pehente hai aur who log pagdi ko apne religion ka ek hissa mante hai!!! Saafa jaise cheez ko bhi aapne pagdi se compare kiya good job. Safa who azim cheez hai jo ke Nabi kareem sualal la hu alaihewasallam ne bhi pehna aur Auliya Allah ne bhi, use humne Pagdi se compare kiya? Kya safa aur Pagdi mein koi farak nahi? Strange? Kya ye kisi bhi user ko nahi dikha is forum pe? Strange?

Aap dhoti to bhul hi gaye is sawaal mein aur aage badke ehram mein dal diya? Any specific reason? Kyun dhoti kya hinduon ka culture nahi hai?

Brother there is a WORLD OF Difference between a DHOTI and an EHRAAM. How on earth can you compare the TWO. EHRAAM is a two piece cloth worn at the time of HAJJ and UMRAH. The lower part of EHRAM is tied to the body with the Help of a BELT there are no KNOTS in EHRAAM. THERE ARE MANY Rules of wearing an EHRAM and many guidelines.like one should not tell a lies, one should not harm anyone, one should not cover his head. one should not do HUNTING and many more..
Moreover there is a NIYAT for wearing and EHRAM.

Brother kindly shed some light on comparing a SAFA with PAGDI also Safa was worn by Aqa sualal la hu alaihewasallam and Auliya Allah karaam…. How on earth did you compare them?
The only reason why I asked you about ehram is so that you can come up with this statement “NIYAT” It is niyat that will make the difference between anything which a muslim does and no muslim on the EARTH can commit SHIRK in this ummah so how can you say that wearing mangalsutra is close to shirk?

Again you see how Taweez difference popped up. Because of the NIYAT everything changed right. This is what I was trying to say. A Muslims niyat is different from the hindus and hence they are not wrong.

I was not here to prove that wearing Taweez is shirk Maz Allah. I myself accept this thing as good. I asked you this question so that you can come with an explanation about Taweez worn by a muslim and by a hindu. So why cannot you show the difference in mangalsutra worn by a muslim and that by a hindu? Is it that hard. Yes it’s the niyat. No muslim wears it with the intention that he is following Hinduism or any other religion or he is comparing it with Allah Maz Allah. This is in straight away attack on innocent muslims.

Its very easy to label a muslim of doing wrong thing but it is hard to hear their intention. This is how the Wahabees play games. They attack the innocent muslims without seeing their intention. I am not saying that you are a Wahabee but I am showing their way is wrong and some of our brothers are still under their influence. LOGIC is what kills SUFISM and their THINKING.

And mind it there are many muslims in india itself who do wear mangalsutra and because of your asking for fatwa shall they all be deemed from ISLAM? This is the same trick played by Wahabees.

You ask for fatwa for proving to wear mangalsutra is halaal? You get it for it being HARAAM and then we can put a note on this website that all those muslims coming on this forum please note if you wear mangalsutra then you all are doing a haram thing and if you continue knowingly then you have commited a KUFR.

May Allah save these innocent muslims from such fatwas. IT is indeed the fatwas that have made this community divide. Sufiya never said such things because they loved everyone. But now because of these fatwas people call each other kaafir and mushriks.

Try to understand me from a point where we see the ummah being united and not divided.

You are now exactly speaking like those people who we sunnis hate which is as follows:
“Again i will tell that I am no one to say its HARAAM. But definately its NOT HALAAL and Jayaz because its proven to be a HINDU culture and not an Indian culture. and we are told in QURAN and Hadees not to IMITATE the NON MUSLIMs”

The last statement is exactly what the wahabees say to sunnis. I hate them from birth may Allah save us from such fitnah.

Here comes your own fatwa:
If you ask my personal Opition. In my view wearing Mangalsutra as a medium to protect your husband comes very close to SHIRK as you are now putting your trust in stones rahter than on QURAN and HADEES. If its worn as a piece of Jewelery then i guess there’s no HARM. but one should make sure that it should not look like a Mangalsutra

Chit bhi tumhari aur pat bhi. THIS UMMAH will not commit SHIRK!!!! Where is this aqeeda of every sunni on this forum? What happened to this aqeeda?

Ok so now by your view if someone wears Mangalsutra and he wears the exact thing as the hindus wear and he knows that it’s the hindu culture as per you that MUSLIM will be called as ? Please reply.

Soon we shall see on this forum how people start asking questions about the things Sufis do in the light of quran and hadeees. For example Qawali with musical instruments, Women visiting the Mazars of Auliya Allah and much more.

This is why I told before that the thinking of Sufis were always love and not hate and divide and rule.

Imran bhai aakhri guzarish, mujhse kuch galti ho gayee ho yaa aapko zara sa bhi taklif hui ho mere taraf se to uske liye maafi chahta hun. Meri niyat sirf yehi hai ke kisi musalman ko fatwa dekar islam se kharij karne se pehle uske faryad sun lo. Musalmaan use kehte hai jiske zuban se dusra musalman safe rahe.

May Allah save this ummah from fitna and fatwa which is sold nowadays for mere cost of wordly benefits by the wasila of his Beloved sualal la hu alaihewasallam and his freinds.
Mushfique

Agar Gaiti Sarasar Bad Girad, Chiragh-e-Chishtiyan Hargiz Namirad.
Fiza
Gem Of Forum
Board Member

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »

Question

Assalam e alaikum mufti saab i would like to ask u one query  does mangalsutra or kaali pooth ka maala is permissible in islam or not whether a muslin women can wear it ?

Answer  

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

It is Makrooh-e-Tahreemi (very undesirable) for a Muslim to wear a Mangal suthr or Kaali pooth ka mala as it symbolizes Hinduism and is regarded as something very holy in their religion. Fatwa #  15534  from India    

And Allah knows best

Wassalam

Hasbi Allahu wa ne'mal wakil,Wa`alamu anna feekum Rasul Allah Sallallahu Taala Alaihi Waalihi Wa Sallam
Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 12:53:46 PM »

Walikum Assalaam Wa Rehamtullahe Wa Barkathu. brother mushfique

Lets make it short and simple so that others reading this thread dont get confused..

First about our site : the link which you gave on kerala page :
It says : Customs like tying thali or mangal sutra, dowry system and other rituals were assimilated into Muslim culture. The architecture of the mosques was embedded in this negotiation and assimilation.

This is talking about whats happening their it does not SAY we agree to it.. It talks about dowry system also thats the CULRURE prevalent there. Same way the Culture of Mangalsutra is also prevalent mostly in SOUTH INDIA but it does not mean that in our personal opinion it should be followed.

Second. Please get the Defination of PAGDI cleard.
Ask Yourself Wat is the ARABIC translation of PAGDI?

The Turban (Arabic عمامة; ‘imamah, Persian dulband) is a headdress, of obscure Oriental origin, consisting of a long scarf wound round the head or an inner hat.
Early Persians wore a conical cap sometimes encircled by bands of cloth, which may be considered one of the origins of the modern turban. The turban did not become common among the Turks, but was common among the Ottoman sultans.

I can give you much more writeup on this but this much for a person of understanding is enuf.
Still if u need more explanation follow this....http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Turban

Dhoti is not an Integral part of HINDU Culture or its not a Holy thing to Hindus still there is NO Fatwaa given by any Mufti or scholar in my knowledge against wearing DHOTI. Hence in my personal opinion there is not Harm in wearing Dhoti.

Second we are followers of Maslake Alaa Hazrat.Muslim have to follow the Fatwaas given by Islamic Scholars. If you do not follow this is your own personal choice. You can decide onto your own set of Rules to follow or Not to Follow.

I guess you yourself have Mashaallah enough knowledge and understanding that you dont need any Fatwaas from any Scholars.

Tahiurl Qadri Gives Fatwaas, Azhaari miya gives Fatwaas and their Fatwaas are based on thorough understanding and reasoning.

If you do not understand or follow the Fatwaa that does not mean it is wrong or No Muslims should follow it..
These are given for the Benefit of People not to Divide them as you understand.

One more thing Please this is a DISCUSSION FORUM and everybody is FREE to give their VIEWS and OPINION.
Dont be childish and term my view and opinion as FATWAA.

A Fatwaa is given only by a ISLAMIC SCHOLAR who has AUTHORITY not by a layman like me...
Read the post carefully how it was started i have said that I am no scholar and have no authority to say anything its just my personal view that i will share.

Brother if you want to Just Discuss without reasoning i will give you more points..
Like the Non Muslims eat Wheat and Rice and We Muslims are also eating Wheat and Rice hence we are Imitating Non Muslim.
Non Muslims take bath with water we also take bath with water hence we are imitating.
Non Muslims give prasad we give Niyaaz hence we are imitating.

Hundred such examples can be given for the sake of HUJJAT. (BEHANS)

But here you have to follow what has been termed as Jaayaz and Naa jaayaz by our scholars in ISLAM.

Wearing Magalsutra is termed as Makrooh-e-Tahreemi (very undesirable) by our Islamic Scholars. DOT

Still if you wanna go ahead its your take and your decision...

Today You will say wearing Mangalsutra is OK, Then U will say Puting Sindoor is also OK bcoz it is not there in HINDU Scriptures
Than you will say SAAT PHERE lekar shaadi karlein bcoz niyat is to stay together....It cannot go like your wish

If people follow just your thinking tomorrow Muslims will bring GANESH MURTI in their House and say our
Niyat is Just to Decorate our House and Not Worship...
You will say its OK.

If you want to take one only sentence and FOLLOW only one sentence than the Best for you is
2:256 There is no compulsion in religion.

If a person blindly follows this line..He will say its my wish i will pray or i wont pray..bcoz there is no compulsion in religion...
There are Scholars in Islam who are to be followed to make things understandable for us and we have to follow them.

Hope the people reading this understand the truth and follow the right path.

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 01:45:57 PM »

The Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihi wasallam has stated that,

من تشبھ بقوم فھو منھم

“Whosoever imitates any group of people, then he is among them.”

Sunan Abi Dawood, Kitabul Libaas, Vol 2, Page 203

Hadrat ‘Amr ibn Shu’aib radiAllahu anhu reports from his father who reports from his grandfather that the Messenger of Allah said, “Do not imitate and copy the jews and the Christians”

Kaam woh ley lee jiye, tum ko jo raazi karey,
Theek ho naam e Raza, tum pey karoron durood

(Take that service from me that pleases you, May the name of Raza be well, a million blessings on you)
Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 01:48:33 PM »

First of all, you should understand that Tashabbuh (Imitation) is of two kinds:

1. Iltizaami
2. Luzoomi

ILTIZAMI is one that a person imitates a nation or a practice of a nation intentionally to get look like them. It falls into that category described in Hadeeth.

LUZOOMI is one that a persons imitates a nation or a practice of a nation not with a intention of imitation but the thing he is practicing is their symbol. In this type intention might be of three types:

a. He imitates that practice because he feels affection for that nation then it will fall into the category of TASHABBOH used in Hadeeth

b. If the imitation is because of a purpose. Then the permissibility will be dependant over the nature of purpose. If it is to do some good to Islam or Muslims then there is no harm in it

It is stated in Fatawa Khulasa

“If a person ties Zunnar around his waist and enters Dar-ul-Harb to free the prisoners then he wont become a Kafir and if he does so to do the business then he will certainly become a kafir”

(Fatawa Khulasa, Vol 4, Page 387)

It is stated in Multaqit:

“Whenever a person ties Zunnar or Cross or wears the hat of the Worshipers of Fire whether its for a fun or not, He will become a Kafir but to to deceive the enemies in battle as a token of trick then he will not become a kafir”

Minhar Raoud al-Azhar w.r.t. Al-Multaqit, Page 185

(Take that service from me that pleases you, May the name of Raza be well, a million blessings on you)
Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 01:50:08 PM »

It is stated in Fatawa Razaviyyah:

“There is an order of impermissibility for Tashabbuh-e-Luzoomi if there is no justification over it. For e.g. English Coat, Hat, Pant Shirt and etc. Thought these are not the religious symbols of Christians and Jews or the Kuffar but still refraining from them is Wajib and to wear these garments is a sin” (Fatawa Razaviyyah, Vol 24, Page 532)

It is also stated in Fatawa Razaviyyah with reference to AlHadeeqatun Nadiyyah:

“To tie Zinnar, or to wear hat of Christians and jews without a valid purpose is Kufr without a doubt” (Hadeeqatun Nadiyyah, Vol 2, Page 230 – Fatawa Razaviyyah, Vol 14, Page 277)

Furthermore, It is in Gamzul ‘Uyoon:

“One who took any (religious) practice of Kuffar as appreciable, with the consensus of mashaikh became Kafir” (Gamzul ‘Uyoon, Vol 1, Page 295)

Imam Ahmed Rida adds in Fatawa Razaviyyah:

“If it is not Kufr then definitely its FISQ when its without a purpose of Sharee’ah. No one will accept it but one who’s Eman is weak. Surely when the phenomenon of Love for ALLAH and Hatred for ALLAH took stability in heart then every act of Auliya ALLAH seems affectionate and every act of enemies of ALLAH seems unpleasant” (Fatawa Razaviyyah, Vol 14, Page 277)

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 01:56:08 PM »

LET ME QUOTE AN EXAMPLE WHICH WILL MAKE IT EASY 2 UNDERSTAND

"Towards the end of the 19th Century, the Europeans omitted from dictionaries and Encyclopedias the introductory phrase about the necktie being a symbol of the cross ... A glance of Encyclopedias printed before 1898 will confirm this point. In another report, it is said that the practice of the necktie started on the insistence of the Pope in the year 1790 and that by 1850 all Christian nations had accepted and implemented this order of the Pope.”

Now when we have found tie to be a religious symbol of Christians then according to third described type of Tashabbuh-e-Luzoomi it falls into a category of Haram and Mamn’u and it is stated in Fatawa Razaviyyah Shareef:

“Prayer offered wearing unlawful garments is Makrooh-e-Tehreemi i.e. it is subjected to be repeated (Wajib-ul-E’aada)” (Fatawa Razaviyyah, Vol 23, Page 101)

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »

“There is an order of impermissibility for Tashabbuh-e-Luzoomi if there is no justification over it. For e.g. English Coat, Hat, Pant Shirt and etc. Thought these are not the religious symbols of Christians and Jews or the Kuffar but still refraining from them is Wajib and to wear these garments is a sin”

(Fatawa Razaviyyah, Vol 24, Page 532)

BUT AS FAR AS WEARING MANGALSUTRA IS CONCERNED IT REPRESENTS HINDU CULTURE IE: IT IS WORN BY A MARRIED WOMEN, N ISLAM DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS

ALLAH N HIS BELOVES RASOOL SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM KNOW BEST

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: