Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does building over the grave mean.  (Read 9399 times) Average Rating: 0
Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« on: January 21, 2010, 11:30:52 AM »

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Allah - beginning with the name of - the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

الصلوة والسلام عليك يارسول الله وعلى آلك واصحابك يا نورالله
And millions of durood on Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

Bafaiz Huzoor Mufti e Azam Hazrat Allama Shah MOHAMMED MUSTAFA RAZA Radiallahu Ta'ala Anhu.

Kaam woh ley lee jiye, tum ko jo raazi karey,
Theek ho naam e Raza, tum pey karoron durood

(Take that service from me that pleases you, May the name of Raza be well, a million blessings on you)
Aulia-e-hind.com
« on: January 21, 2010, 11:30:52 AM »

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 11:37:01 AM »

Sahih Muslim Book 4, Hadith # 2121
Narrated AbuMarthad al-Ghanawi (RAA) Allah's Messenger  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam) said: Do not sit on the graves and do not pray facing towards them.

Sahih Muslim Book 4, Hadith # 2116
Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah (RAA) Rasulullah  (sal-lal-lahu alai hi wa sallam) forbade that the graves should be plastered, or they be used as sitting places (for the people), or a building should be built over them.

_________________________________________________ ______

Please have a look at this pics and think wat plastering,building over the grave means

(Take that service from me that pleases you, May the name of Raza be well, a million blessings on you)
Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 11:37:01 AM »

Altaf Sultani
Ba Tufel-e-Sayed Akhtar Shafiq Sultani Subhani
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 11:42:30 AM »

jazaak Allahu khyr....wat a clarification bro....thanx for sharing....

Farid Kaale mainde kaprey, kaala mainda wais,
Gunahan Bharehan mai pheraan, Lok kahe dervesh
Zarb e Ali

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 05:18:06 PM »

Salam,

I cant see any pictures.
khaleelrazack99

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 05:26:03 PM »

AS salam alaikum wa rahmatullah,

ali bhai,

you can see the picture , all are clear. You can see some structures build on these graves. So Rizwan bhai jan has posted a wonderful posting in this sesssion.

Nigah-e-Wali Mein Yeh Taseer Dekhi Badal teh Hazaroon Ki Taqdeer Dekhi
Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »

First tomb in islam

Grave of PROPHET MUHAMMAD (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in room of the house of Ayesha (RadiAllahu anhu)

second tomb in islam

Grave of hadrat abu baker (RadiAllahu anhu) in a room of the house of Ayesha (RadiAllahu anhu) buried next to Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

third tomb in islam

Grave of hadrat umar bin khatab (RadiAllahu anhu) in a room of the house of Ayesha (RadiAllahu anhu) buried next to Prophet (Saw)and abu baker (RadiAllahu anhu)

So it was a practice of Sahabis (RadiAllahu anhu) to bury khilifahs and Prophet  Aleh Salam  not openly but in a Room or some thing like tomb or dome covering it

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »

Proof of building of tombs around a grave

Quran states:

[Kahf 18:21] And this is how We made them known for people to know that the promise of Allah is true and that there is no doubt concerning the Last Day; when the people began disputing among themselves regarding them, they said, "Construct a building over their cave"; their Lord well knows them; those who dominated in this matter said, "We promise we will build a  Masjid over them."

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »

Tafsir for the above posted verse

Qadhi Thana Ullah Panipatti (Rahimuhullah) writes in his great Tafsir al Mazhari: After the death of Ashaab al Kahf a dispute occurred between Muslims and non-muslims, The Muslims said that they will make a Masjid over them because they were of our faith whereas the disbelievers said they will build other buildings on it where people will live….This Ayah is proving that Mosques could be made near graves of Awliya in order to say salaat in them, Tabarruk is also attained through the tombs of Awliya .

[Tafsir al Mazhari Volume No.7, Page No. 123-124]

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 06:19:34 PM »

Tafsir by Imam Bayzawi (Rehmat'Ullah Alaih) says: "From this it is understood that to erect a Mausoleum for the special people, i.e. Pious Saints and Ulema, is permissible".

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 11:02:20 AM »

Tafsir by Imam Fakhrud'deen Razi (Rehmat'Ullah Alaih) writes:

أن بعضهم قال: الأولى أن يسد باب الكهف لئلا يدخل عليهم أحد ولا يقف على أحوالهم إنسان. وقال آخرون: بل الأولى أن يبني على باب الكهف مسجد وهذا القول يدل على أن أولئك الأقوام كانوا عارفين بالله معترفين بالعبادة والصلاة

Translation: Some people said that the door of the cave should be closed so that nobody can enter it and the Ahwaal (of Ashab e Kahf) are kept hidden. Some people said that It is better to build a  Masjid at the door, this saying proves that these people were “ARIFEEN OF ALLAH WHO BELIEVED IN WORSHIPPING AND PRAYER”

[Tafsir al Kabeer, Volume No. 5, Page No. 475]

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 11:03:23 AM »

Imam al-Razi also said:

ثم قال تعالى: {قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا۴ عَلَىٰۤ أَمْرِهِمْ} قيل المراد به الملك المسلم، وقيل: أولياء أصحاب الكهف، وقيل: رؤساء البلد: {لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم مَّسْجِدًا} نعبد الله فيه ونستبقي آثار أصحاب الكهف بسبب ذلك المسجد

Translation: And when Allah said {Those who prevailed over their affair} this refers to the “MUSLIM RULER” or the Awliya of Ashaab al Kahf (i.e. their momineen friends) or the leaders of town. {We will surely build a  Masjid over them} so that we can “WORSHIP ALLAH” in it and due to it we will “PRESERVE THE RELICS OF ASHAAB AL KAHF”

[Tafsir al-Kabeer, 5/475]

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »

In "Tafseer Roohul Bayaan", Vol. 3, according to the verse: "To build over the graves of the Ulema, Awliya and the Saliheen is a permissible act with this condition that the motive is that the greatness of these pious people must be made apparent so that the people don't think that it is an ordinary grave."

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »

Thre r many people who keep on mummering the hadith, unable to understand its real text, it goes this way

Hadhrat Jaabir (radhiAllaahu anhu) has reported that Nabi (sallAllaahu alaihi wasallam) has prohibited fortifying the graves (i.e. building a solid wall around it), from constructing tombs and domes upon it, and also from sitting upon them. [Mishkaat, page 148]

here is full online miskat sharif hadith books [ chapter of mosques and places of salats start at page 148 ]
http://www.razanw.org/modules/sunnibooks/item.php?itemid=18&page=1

rolling , from here page 148 and this chapter starts

http://www.razanw.org/modules/sunnibooks/item.php?itemid=18&page=148

I am unable to find this particular hadith and wordings which say (i.e. building a solid wall around it), from constructing tombs and domes upon it,

kindly find me which hadith in miskat sharif states this wording, I know you copy pasted most of stuff from some website, email that scholar and let us know on which page it says in a hadith of miskat that (i.e. building a solid wall around it), from constructing tombs and domes upon it,

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 05:39:14 PM »

In التاريخ الصغير الأوسط by Imam Bukhari it states:

[ 146 ] حدثنا عمرو بن محمد حدثنا يعقوب حدثنا أبي عن بن إسحاق حدثني يحيى بن عبد الله بن عبد الرحمن بن أبي عمرة الأنصاري قال سمعت خارجة بن زيد بن ثابت رأيتني ونحن غلمان شبان زمن عثمان وإن أشدنا وثبة الذي يثب قبر عثمان بن مظعون حتى يجاوزه

Kharija ibn Zayd said: "I can see myself when we were young men in the time of Uthman (Ibn Affan) - Allah be well-pleased with him. The strongest one of us in high jump was he who could jump over the grave of `Uthman ibn Maz`un and clear it."

In Fath Al Bari, Shaykul Islam Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani after authenticating the hadith states:

- This contains a proof for the licitness of raising high the grave and elevating it above the surface of the earth.

Rizwan Maniar
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 06:18:24 PM »

[Kahf 18:21] And this is how We made them known for people to know that the promise of Allah is true and that there is no doubt concerning the Last Day; when the people began disputing among themselves regarding them, they said, "Construct a building over their cave"; their Lord well knows them; those who dominated in this matter said, "We promise we will build a  Masjid over them."

Commenting on this verse,** Imam at-Tabari, Hafiz Ibn Kathir and Imam al-Qurtabi** write:

"When the people of the cave went into the cave, some people close to the entrance of the cave said, 'Build a  Masjid so we can worship Allah.' The people who said this were Muslims"

[Tafsir Tabari, Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Sura al-Kahf, verse 21]

Therefore, from this we can prove that building a  Masjid near the grave of a pious person is permissible.

Hafiz al-'Asqalani writes*** :

"If a person built a  Masjid near the graves of pious people, and that person's intention is solely for the blessings of Allah, and at the time of prayer the people do not not prostrate or face the grave, it is permissable to build a  Masjid near the grave of a saint and is not forbidden"

[Fath al-Bari, Chapter of Masjid]

fath ul bari is most authentic commentary of bukhari and sahih hadiths as far as Ahle sunnah wal jammat (sunni islam) is concerned

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: