Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it allowed to put flowers on the Qabr?( Saudi Arabian Sunni Islamic Scholar )  (Read 9870 times) Average Rating: 0
Shahul
Spl Members

« on: October 26, 2009, 06:30:04 PM »

Bismillah Nir Rahman Nir Raheem. Ya Rasool Allah Karam Ya Habeeb Allah Karam ( Sal-lal-lahu alaihi wa sallam )

QUESTION :
Is it allowed to put flowers on the Qabr? ( Saudi Arabian Islamic Scholar )

ANSWER:
[A Summary of the teachings of Saudi Arabian Sunni Islamic Scholar Shaykh As-Sayyid Muhammad ibn `Alawi al-Maliki of  Makkah al-Mukarramah]

It is narrated in Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim that: Once, while travelling, Nabi Muhammad, sall-Allahu `alayhi wa sallam, stopped at a certain place and said that there was a grave in front of him, and that the person therein is busy suffering punishment. Nabi Muhammad, sall-Allahu `alayhi wa sallam, then broke off two branches from a date palm and placed in on the grave, and said that as long as the branches were fresh, the punishment would be lessened.

This is because the fresh branches would be making the Dhikr of Allah, subhanaHu wa Ta`ala. So this act is a Sunnah, and people use flowers, as it is more available and also able to maintain its freshness for much longer.

From this we can also deduce that if we ourselves perform Dhikr at the Qubur, it would also lessen the inhabitants' punishment. Performing Dhikr at the Qubur of the Awliya would bring more blessings upon their respective Ruhs (souls). Doing this would be compliance with a divine order.

It is stated in the famous Hanafi Fiqh book Fatawa Alamgiriyyah/Hindiyyah (Kitab al- Jana'iz) that it is allowed to put flowers on a grave. Mullah Ali al-Qari writes in the commentary of the above-mentioned Hadith in al-Mirqat fi Sharh al-Mishkat that:

"Our Ulama have issued a ruling that to place fragrance and plants (over a grave) are a Sunnah practice".

One fails to understand how placing flowers over a grave means associating a Partner with Allah!!! To say that, actually means that flowers should only be put on the grave of Allah, subhanaHu wa Ta`ala! Astaghfirullah!!!!

It is sad that sometimes, even so-called learned people also cannot understand the consequences of calling a normal practice of Muslims as Shirk.

Nabi Muhammad, sall-Allahu `alayhi wa sallam, said that "The one who does not thank people, does not thank Allah, subhanaHu wa Ta`ala,", and we owe it to the Prophets, `alaymmu-s-salam, and Awliya, who protected and spread the Deen of Allah, subhanaHu wa Ta`ala, over the ages, that we visit their shrines, dress it with flowers if we wish to (as it is Sunnah) and make Dhikr there. A Nation, which does not honour its true servants and heroes, is an ungrateful Nation and is bound to confusion.
Aulia-e-hind.com
« on: October 26, 2009, 06:30:04 PM »

Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 06:30:55 PM »

Kindly Also Refer such Related Topic in the below link Embarrassed

Why Flowers Chadars are placed on the Mazar-e-shareefs of Awliya Allah ?
http://kgn786.com/forum/index.php?topic=1454.msg2613;topicseen#msg2613[/color]
[/b]

----------------------------------------------

jazakallh very nice post brother...keep the good work coming..

In order to have a Comfortable Journey of Life, Reduce the Luggage of Desires...
Aulia-e-hind.com
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 06:30:55 PM »

Altaf Sultani
Ba Tufel-e-Sayed Akhtar Shafiq Sultani Subhani
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 04:27:28 PM »

nice sharing bro..jazak Allah

Farid Kaale mainde kaprey, kaala mainda wais,
Gunahan Bharehan mai pheraan, Lok kahe dervesh
khaleelrazack99

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »

subhaanallah great posts.

Nigah-e-Wali Mein Yeh Taseer Dekhi Badal teh Hazaroon Ki Taqdeer Dekhi
khaleelrazack99

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 02:13:23 PM »

Question : From many friends - why flowers are not placed on mazar e shareefs or Qabrs in Arabian Countries ?

Answer : When i went to the Ziyarah of Great awliya hazrat Bin Arabia ( Rahmatullah Allaih ) near Salalah port after coming from Jabal ittin ( ziyarah of Hazrat Ayub alaihis salaam ), the driver was a great sunni and the told he will take us to the dargah shareef of great awliya in salalah namely hazrat bin arabia (RA).
The full name is Hazrat salim bin Arabia (RA) near salalah port . I asked the driver can i get rose flowers bhai, then he replied sir there are no flowers in these arabian countries, i told him let it cost any amount i want the rose, the driver replied no sir it is very very far and time doesn't permit now as flowers are very very less available in these countries. When i went to the ziyarah i found some rose flowers on the mazar e mubarak of Hazrat Salim Bin Arabia in Salalah. The only dargah in Oman i saw rose flowers .

Also in salalah main city in the dargah shareef of Hazrat imran alaihis salaam i saw beautiful flowers which were different flower not rose flowers. people bring flowers for the nearby trees and put these with respect and love on the mazar e shareefs.

Even flowers , leaves do zikr of allahu subhaanahu thaalah so we put flowers on the mazar e shareefs, its the matter of love.

Now you know why there the flowers are not use much in arabian countries because there is no growth of such plants of flowers like india or other countries.

fi amanillah

Nigah-e-Wali Mein Yeh Taseer Dekhi Badal teh Hazaroon Ki Taqdeer Dekhi
Talib-E-ILM
Global Moderator
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 05:27:03 PM »

subhanallah khaleel bhai.aap itne bade bde wali aur sahabaon k mazaar par jaate ho to hmara bhi salam zaroor pesh karna ...
aur hmari team ko apni khaas duaaon ka hissa zaroor banana..

In order to have a Comfortable Journey of Life, Reduce the Luggage of Desires...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: