Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Raheem. Allahumma Salle 'Ala Syedina Muhammadin Wa 'Ala Aalihi Syedina Muhammadin Wa Barik Wa Sallim.
TO CELEBRATE THE URS OF THE AWLIYA AND VISIT THEIR MAZAARS
1. ‘Urs is the day of the passing away of the noble Saints and Prophets. The word ‘Urs has been taken from the Hadith: "Sleep just like the bride." (Mishkhat) The Angels say to the Pious in the grave, "Sleep with restfulness and comfort just like a bride."
2. On the day of the passing away of a Saint or on a specific date, his admirers, disciples, followers and relatives assemble together at the grave of the Saint to obtain spiritual benefit and celebrate the anniversary with rejoice.
3. It is also very worthy to recite the Quran Shareef and pass on the Sawaab (reward) to their soul and to recite Fateha and distribute sweetmeat among those present.
4. The object of fixing the day and time of ‘Urs is that the people become aware of this auspicious ocassion, gather together and that they should make Du’a and obtain the full spiritual benefits.
5. There is no harm for fixing up the day for a permissible affair. To cite a few examples:
a. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) himself has commanded to observe fast on the Day of 'Arafat, ‘Ashura and the 15th of Shabaan, and he has also commanded to perform the prayer of Ishraaq (sun-rise).
b. Similarly, he has commanded to perform the child's Aqeeqah on the 7th day.
c. Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) went to Ghazwa-e-Tabook on a Thursday and he preferred to journey on a Thursday.
d. He used to keep fast on Mondays and Thursdays.
e. The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) would go every Saturday to Musjid-e-Quba.
The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) has fixed the timings of all these things; had it been non-permissible, he would not have fixed the timings.
6. After the Holy Prophet's (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) demise, Hazrat Abu Bakr (radi Allahu anhu) prepared a good deal of food on the 12th day, and on reading Fateha, he entertained the people of Madinah with it. He had so much of food prepared that it was enough for the people of Madinah. People began to enquire, "What is today?" Those who were knowing replied, "Today is the 'Urs of the Messenger of Allah, today is the 'Urs of the Messenger of Allah." It has become evident from this that the noble Companions celebrated the 'Urs of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). (Fathul Ma'ani)
7. It has been stated in the Holy Quran that Hazrat 'Isa (alaihis salaam) said: "O Allah! Our Lord, send down upon us a tray from the Heaven so that it should be a festival for us, for the first one of us and the last one of us ... ." This verse indicates that we should rejoice on the day of receiving a bounty, and honouring and respecting that it is counted among the teachings the Prophets (alaihimus salaam), and a source of Allah's Pleasure. (Tafseer Kabeer, Tafseer Roohul Bayan)
8. To rejoice on the day of the demise of the noble Saints and the pious men is far much better than and meritorious because it is the day that they get "union" with Allah Ta'ala.
9. Hazrat Maulana Shah Abdul Aziz Muhaddith Dehlwi(radi Allahu anhu) has written that if the day of ‘Urs is meant for invocation or reminding for the deceased one, there is no harm. That gives benefit to the living as well as the deceased ones. (Fatawa Aziziyah)
10. Those who object to the ‘Urs celebrations say that we are practising Polytheism (Shirk) by worshipping a dead person, calling us "Qabar Pujaris". We, the Ahle Sunnah Wa Jama’ah, do not ever take the person in the grave (whether he be a Wali or a Prophet of Allah) to be the permanent and real authority. We do not believe that the person in the grave to be a partner of Allah Ta'ala.
11. On the date of the ‘Urs of a Wali or some special date set aside for it's celebration, people go to the graves of the Friends of Allah Ta'ala to seek blessings and out of love for them, stand before the graves of the Saints and pray to Allah Ta'ala through the intercession of the Wali in the grave, whom they supplicate to intercede with Allah Ta'ala on their behalf. Doing so can never be called grave-worship or Shirk (associating partners with Allah).Also refer such related topics given below What Is Urs Sharif & Meaning of Urs Shareef ? Why Urs is Celebrated every Year
http://kgn786.com/forum/index.php?topic=1466.0Urs-e-Mubaraks of Auliya Allahs on Important Islamic Days ( Very Special Days )
http://kgn786.com/forum/index.php?topic=1151.0Imp Urs Dates from around the world
http://kgn786.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.0True Spirit of Urs-e-Shareef Celebrationhttp://kgn786.com/forum/index.php?topic=1324.0Jashn-e-Chiraagan ( Chiragaan ki Eid ) lighted once in a year on urs occassion